Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Five Ways to Say Thank You

I love to make cards for Operation Write Home (OWH) and they are looking for Thank You cards.  I also like a challenge when making cards.  Today I am catching up on the Club Scrap National Scrap Book Month of Challenges.  This consists a new challenge every day in May.  So I pulled out my Club Scrap Up, Up and Away Collection with stamps, paper and ribbon.  What I ended up with was five thank you cards using the same stamp, but in different ways. 
May 7th Frame Challenge:  I used Pitt Big Brush Pens to paint the stamp before stamping.  Then I cut the mat such that the balloon was outside the edge and added pink lines to make the frame.

May 17th Torn Paper challenge:  I used a scallop tearing tool to make a cloud shape out of vellum.  The stamping is done in white ink on navy blue cardstock. 
 
May 5th Scrappy Border challenge:  I used a metallic gelatos on the stamp to get a soft impression.  The border behind the panel is made from strips left over from cutting the patterned paper into card mats.   
May 14th Sketch challenge:  I used green for the main image stamp and then added multiple stampings in fuchsia for the background patterned paper, to bring in all the colors of the ribbons.  

May 6th Metallic challenge:  Here the image is tilted and I used a hole punch to thread ribbon into the design.  I added a swirl paper clip and a charm that says "Cherish" colored in with a Copic marker.
 
There you have one stamp five different ways.  For more inspiration come back Saturday, May 25th for the OWH blog hop
 
Thanks for stopping by, 

Debby


 

No comments:

Post a Comment