Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Picnic Origami Cards

 photo 0614_bloghop_badge_zps6ee8a56b.jpg


Welcome to the Club Scrap Picnic Collection Blog Hop! To return to the start of the hop here.

I'll admit it when I first saw the Picnic collection, as beautiful as it is, I wondered what I could do for the blog hop.  I don’t want to seem like a Goth girl, but all the pink, bright colors, and the crisp retro images, are just not "me".   So I trusted and remembered this is Club Scrap.  So I knew the collection pieces would all work together and my job was to stretch my style. As a result I had a lot of fun with the kit and decided that it was "some what me" after all.

The collection made me think of 50's dresses and pastel clothes at picnics. So my first resource was the Club Scrap Blog.  So I took the Dungarees Origami dress shirts and turned them into retro picnic shirts.  I used text weight paper to make Gelli Plate prints for the origami.  The first ones used distress ink and then with fluid acrylics with of course CS stencils. 



Then I looked up Origami Dress for something retro for the ladies.  I had fun adding embellishments and even making a little girls dress as a variation.


Then I used the Picnic digital kit to make plaid for the wardrobe because what is a retro picnic without pastel plaid clothing. 


And here is one last I made based on a Pinterest post


I hope you enjoy the cards. Your next stop is with the talented Janet from Dishing with Janet and the beginning of the hop is at Club Scrap Creates here.

Thank you for reading my post,
Happy Creating,

Debby H

21 comments:

  1. Cool cards!! I love making the shirt cards but I have to tell you those dress cards are DARLING!!! So very cute with these prints. Your pinterest card is great...love the mini envies!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! First, thanks for keeping an open mind and giving the kit a whirl. You did a fantastic job with adjusting your sails to the wind and making some brilliant pieces of art! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute to be creating a wardrobe! Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby! Loving the retro look! Makes me think of Airstream campers and a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groovy cards Deb!! I love the thought of a whole set of tacky shirt cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are great cards. I love how you created the pastel plaid! Super cute! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the use of the origami with the cards. that was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Debby! These will go to some very lucky recipients. I'm glad you were able to find a way to make this bright kit fit your style. Don't you just love how the Club Scrap themes can inspire us to really stretch our creativity?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what Debby, you are right, these colors and patterns are so fifties! Love the little shirts and dresses, ADORABLE!!! What a fun way to become inspired by the Picnic kit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are absolutely lovely and what a great idea to use origami dresses and shirtson top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Unexpected, but very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love the dresses, shirt and little envelopes!!! Best cards ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love all of these, they are just adorable! The dresses look so vintage, while the paper to be is so young and bright, interesting how it gets transformed- thank you ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! The shirtsand dresses are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! I especially like the dresses--how fun and retro they look with those papers!! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shirts and dresses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those cards - the shirts and dresses are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling cards! Love the retro clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling cards! I love the retro clothes.

    ReplyDelete