Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Listen Canvas for Lindy's Stamp Gang June Challenge



I've have recently discovered Lindy's Stamp Gang (LSG) products and I love them.  They have shimmery, two tone sprays in non-clog bottles, two tone embossing powers, and magical powder paints.  So I used my new stash of LSG products to make a canvas for the June 2014 LSG color challenge.  For more information on the LSG challenge go Here.


The background canvas is covered with book text & matte medium.  Then colored with LSG Starburst Spray.  The main background was made with embossing paste and stencils.  Then it was colored several colors of LSG Starburst sprays.  In a few locations I added some LSG embossing powers to add a bit more texture.  The clouds are vellum with highlights is LSG embossing power.  I adhered the vellum to the canvas with embossing paste making the white part of the cloud.  The lighter grass and leaves were colored Magical mica powder.  The flowers were colored with LSG Starburst Spray. "Listen" was stamped on a scrap from Gelli printing.  The boarder was stamped randomly with a sheet music stamp in amethyst hybrid ink.  Selected areas were distressed with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy & Pitt big brush pen Walnut Brown.  


I painted gesso on leftover Tim Holtz Laboratory paper that I then colored them with LSG Starburst sprays.  The bird and branch is a Sizzix alternations die; the flowers are from a Stampin Up punch.  I used two die cuts of the bird and branch. I made a recessed location for the bottom layer by using a scrap paper die cut when applying embossing paste.  On the top layer I included Glossy Accents over the bird's body.  The flowers have brass mini-brad centers.  The small leaves were creative use of extra paper towels used to catch over spray.  They were so richly colored that I just had to use them.

List of Lindy's Stamp Gang Supplies:

 Thank you for reading my post and your comments are always appreciated.

Happy Creating,
Debby


No comments:

Post a Comment