I love all things Distress, so I was very exited to get my hands on Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Volume III. Unfortunately as often happens I read it eagerly, but I did not actually dig into trying the techniques. So I was very happy when Studio L3 started a Compendium of Curiosities Volume III biweekly challenge. Below is my entry week 1 of the challenge - 43. Paint Marbling. You need the book for the technique. To learn more about the "CC3C" challenge here.
I went a little overboard with this project so it has taken me about 12 days to complete. Now here I am posting near the end of the challenge entry period. It was so much fun to add layer upon layer. Below is my sample of the technique panel with a detailed picture of the finished projection.
I've mostly used my Club Scrap materials in addition to the Distress products of course. Here is a list of supplies used to the best of my recollect:
- Burlap panel
- Distress paint
- Distress ink
- Lindy Stamp Gang embossing power, star-burst spays, and magical micas
- Club Scrap Bugs and Fire & Ice collections stamps and hybrid ink
- Club Scrap Hematite embossing powered
- Club Scrap Bugs and Get the Picture card stock and ribbon
- Club Scrap Key and Ribbons
- Petaloo and Prima Flowers
- Martha Stewart Punch
- Pearl Pen
- Other miscellaneous embellishments from my stash
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your comments are greatly appreciated.