Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Vivid Vellum

Welcome to Club Scrap's June Blog Hop using the Hopes Collection!  

Hopes Bloghop Badge photo HopesBlogHop_Badge_2_zpsebe1df8f.jpg

As soon as I saw the Hopes digital collection I knew I wanted to make a hybrid card.   The hybrid card I'm sharing is made using both traditional card making methods and adding digital elements printed at home. 


The background is a digital collage printed on cream and vellum cardstock.  In a happy accident I learn that layering the same print on paper and vellum results in a more vivid image as seen below in a comparison to the cream cardstock image alone.


Photo corners attach the vellum to the card.  I stamped the greeting strip and added pearls for a little shine.  To finish I added a vellum envelope, again made using hybrid methods.  I recolored a Hopes digital paper to have a slightly darker hue and printed it on vellum cardstock.  Then I made my envelope using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board (available from Club Scrap).  I was able to get just enough opaqueness to hide the greeting.  Supplies are from the Club Scrap Hopes Collection (traditional and digital) with added pearls, Club Scrap Earth Hybrid Ink, and dimensional adhesive. 


Thank you for joining the Club Scrap Hopes Blog Hop and stopping at my blog.  I you would like to see more of my card creations from the Hopes collection check out the Club Scrap June Scrap Wrap, page 18.   Here is a link to you next stop with Janet.  Here is a link back to the hop start at Club Scrap Creates.


Debby



25 comments:

  1. Another stunning card and envie, Debby! Thank you so much for sharing your idea. I love how combining the two layers created such lovely dimension. (And thanks for making the CST cards this month, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like hybrid, using the computer in combination with the real paper. Love your card and a beautiful envelop. Who wouldn't want to receive such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debby, your card and envelope combo is terrific. Love how the images pop! And you did such a great job with the Scrap Rap cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another fantastic use of that envelope board I bought that is still in the package ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great digi lesson! I will give that a try. Your card and envy are great as are your cards in the Scrap Rap. Thanks for your excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debby - love your card and envelope, that printed vellum looks so very awesome, great that you made that envelope to match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debby, I love the look of that printed vellum! And the matching envelope? Awesome! Nice job on the cards this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG..I love your happy accident...Ill be trying that this weekend. The whole package is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a beautiful job, the colors are perfect and your highlights are as well. Thanks for sharing your creative project.
    ncjeepster@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great to see the difference vellum made in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, the vellum envie is awesome! Love the look, so very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the wonderful hybrid card ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are on a card-making roll, my friend. Your Greetings to Go cards were gorgeous . . . then you create this loveliness. I love how the layers add dimension. I'm gonna have to give this hybrid thing a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your card, but the printed envelope is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The envelope is stunning! The card is lovely too!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa K.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card and envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh I can really see the difference between digital and regular cardstock, and the velum is fab!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love vellum. Nicely done, and what a great way to attach it. The envelope is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The digi on the vellum is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debby! Your vellum set is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE your "happy accident" and that's a good tip to know! The vellum envelope is unbelievable and pure lovliness!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fantastic hybrid! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card - and I love the vellum envelope

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty--I like your happy accident.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how vellum gives such a beautiful, muted glow to our projects! I had not used it in many years but I've been inspired to dig it out of the bottom of my drawers!

    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Debby! I love your warm autumn palette and use of vellum. I have some, I love it, and yet I haven't begun playing with it. I want to thank you also for the shout out at Club Scrap. I noticed a few folks coming over from there and I really appreciate that.

    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete