Welcome Spring Chorus Blog Hoppers!
This is your final stop and today I have a special card that I made for my Father’s birthday using the Club Scrap Spring Chorus Collection. A complete list of supplies used is at the end of this post.
First the background is made using an embossed resist technique on watercolor paper in several steps.
· Lightly color the paper with light blue Distress Stain and Perfect Pearl mist.
· Using a Versamark pen, trace the bird from the Shapes Altered Panel stencil and stamp Spring Chorus sheet music along a diagonal. Apply clear emboss and heat set.
· Apply distress stain or ink to a non-stick craft sheet and spray with Perfect Pearl mist. Drag the paper through the ink to color the background. Additional inks were used to paint in the clear embossed bird shape.
· Hybrid ink and the Spring Chorus fern masking stencil were added on the lower edge. Then a Spring Chorus fern was stamped in hybrid ink.
· Finally ink splatters were added. Clean excess ink off embossing with a soft cloth as needed.
Next the Spring Chorus papers were cut. The dark blue paper frame is made as follows:
· Cut to 6 ¾ x 4 ¾. Cut the upper center with Sizzix Alterations Ornamental die and round the top corners. The center panel is used on the inside for a message.
· Stamp with the Spring Chorus noise stamp and Earth hybrid ink.
· Antique edges with walnut stain Distress ink.
The bottom panel is cut to 3 x 5 from Spring Chorus printed paper such that the bird image is preserved. The top edge is decoratively punched. Words are stamped in Club Scrap India ink. The inside blue panel is stamped with Spring Chorus greeting and fern stamps. The card base is natural card stock 7 x 10 folded in half with the top corners rounded. Antique paper edges with walnut stain Distress ink.
Finally, the bird on a branch is made from a Sizzix Alteration die and grunge paper.
· Distress paints were used to paint the bird and branch.
· For texture use paint on some crumpled tissue paper and dab. Then add some paint strokes to suggest a wing.
· Stamp the Spring Chorus noise stamp all over the image in earth ink.
· Attach a small black rhinestone for an eye.
· The whole image is covered in glossing accents as shown in this close-up.
To assemble add Spring Chorus ribbon to the blue frame. Assemble starting with the watercolor panel. Add the blue frame and greeting panel with dimensional adhesive. Use glue and dimensional adhesive for the bird branch. Adhere the ornamental panel on the inside.Thanks for visiting my blog today and for staying until the end! Here is a link back to the start at Club Scrap Creates.
Club Scrap Materials Used:
· Spring Chorus Art Nouveau, Greetings, Borders & Background stamp sets
· Spring Chorus 8.5 x 11 assorted paper pack
· Spring Chorus fern masking stencil
· Shapes Altered Panel Custom stencil
· Spring Chorus ribbon
· Hybrid Inks – Earth, Peridot, and Leaf
· India Ink
Other Materials Used:
· Watercolor paper
· Neenah Cardstock natural
· Versamark ink and Versamark pen
· Glossing accents
· Sizzix Alternations dies – Bird on a branch and Ornamental
· Ek success edge punch
· Grunge paper
· Wow clear matt embossing powder
· Distress ink, stain, and paint
· Black rhinestone
· ½ inch corner rounder
· Stampin Up Dimensionals
· Perfect Pearls mist