Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Top 5 Reason to Stamp with MISTI using Unmounted Rubber Stamps


I've have a new tool that I have fallen in love with. It is the MISTI, from My Sweet Petunia. M.I.S.T.I. stands for the Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented. Today I have compiled a list of my five reason I love the MISTI. (Just so you know. I paid full price for my MISTI and receive no compensation for my endorsement.)

I've learned a lot from blogs and YouTube videos.  Below are some I've found most informative, but there are many more out there:

Prep and getting started:
MISTI Stamping Tool - Introduction & Getting Started by Taherrah 

Overall Review:
Review of the MISTI Stamping Tool by Darlene DeVries

Using diecuts and stamp combos:
Multi Step Stamping with the MISTI by Maureen Wong

Mulit-color stamping:
Stamping with Watercolor Markers (with MISTI) by Virginia Lu

Aligning multiple images from a single stamp: 
Repeat Stamping with the MISTI by Maureen Wong

Then I began experimenting on my own. The techniques I show have already been given in the video's above and probably in others out there as well. One thing I have not see in looking on the web is an example of using the MISTI with unmounted rubber stamps. I've only seen rubber stamps with foam attached.

I'm a fan of Club Scrap's unmounted rubber stamps. These are rubber stamps that do not have foam mounted on the back side. Instead they have a remove adhesive and a foam pad is place under the stamped surface. Turns out MISTI works great for unmounted rubber stamps, too since it includes a foam pad to place under acrylic stamps. For my samples I've used:


So let's count down, 

The Top Five Reasons to Stamp with MISTI:

No. 5:  Making an all over pattern using a single stamp - The pattern below was made used a single border stamp and off-setting the stamp for each color to make this background.

No. 5 - All over patterns

No. 4:  Stamping a single stamp using multiple colors - Instead of trying to layer all the inks for one stamping, I was able to color and stamp each part one at a time to get perfect placement of ink colors.

No. 4 - Stamp coloring

No. 3:  Stamping in white pigment ink - A single stamping of white ink on a dark background is not bright white enough for me, even with a high quality ink like Club Scraps' white ink. Now I can stamp the image multiple times with perfect alignment. See the difference below for a single stamping and a triple stamping.

No 3 - Stamping White Ink (left single stamped, right triple stamped) 

No. 2:  Exact placement of stamped images - When making an all over patterns from a single stamp I usually use a random pattern, since it is so hard to line up. Now I can align stamps perfectly every time. The following patterns were made from single stamps.

No. 2 - Exact stamp placement

No. 1:  Re-Stamping solid area stamps - For solid image stamps getting a completely solid image is sometimes difficult especially on colored paper. Now I just stamp again to fill in the image. Below compares a single stamping with a double stamping on a colored paper.

No. 1 - Re-stamping perfection (top single stamped, bottom double stamped)
To see how I've used these stamped images to make cards check out by blog post, Stamped Cards, Woven Strands Style, for tomorrow's Club Scrap Woven Strands Blog Hop. So glad you've stopped by my blog and read all the way to the end. Your support and comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Crafting,
 Debby H

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards and love how the multi stamping makes such a difference with your new favorite tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards and love how the multi stamping makes such a difference with your new favorite tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. I am kind of confused about how this works with our CS stamps since you can't see thru them.

    ReplyDelete