Welcome to the National Parks Blog Hop! Return to the start of the hop HERE. Using the National Parks Deluxe Kit and stuff from my stash I made a layered style 12 x 12 canvas centered around a favorite photo.
I haven't been to any national parks in a while, so I was at a loss as to what to make this month. Then I happened to actually look at my dresser and this picture of my great aunt that has been sitting there for years. I just loved the retro and outdoorsy style of this picture with this kit. As a child she was my substitute grandmother since my own lived so far away. In this picture she is touring Mount Rainier park sometime in the late 1940's. (And just to make sure there is no confusion, this was way before I was born.)
I started by photographing the original picture and printing it along with the National Parks digital kit camera and wilderness country elements for embellishments.
Next came the layering of paper. I think I drove my friends crazy at my scrapbooking weekend asking for input on the layering. After I was happy with the layout I used my phone to photograph the positions and started building up the layers. This is my first layer where I used the maize print in two ways. I tore the slopping tree line out of the paper and used LSG sprays on it (of course). Then I used a lighter piece for a layer on top of it. I added a bit of creme lace behind the edge punched in brown.
The second layer of die cuts includes more pieces from the kit along with a gold paper. Each part is either distressed or stamped (all CS stamps) to add texture.
Finally we get to the picture and accents all added. I really like the way the large gem embellishments look with this earthy kit. Here is a close-up showing the dimension.
So did you notice that some was missing from the canvas two pictures above? This canvas has a secret. The picture hides a small 1/4 inch deep shelf that houses a mini-scrapbook that can be removed.
The supplies used are listed below:
- Club Scrap 'National Parks' Deluxe kit including printed and solid papers, cut aparts, stickers, ribbon, stamps, and gems.
- Club Scrap 'National Parks' digital kit
- Club Scrap Hybrid Ink - Earth, Burgundy
- Distressing Ink - Vintage Photo
- Ranger embossing paste
- Mixed Media paper
- Metallic paper in bronze and gold
- White pigment ink
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays
- Cape Cod Coral
- Clam Bake Beige
- Cowabunga Copper
- Creme Brulee Cream
- Glory of the Seas Gold
- Maidenhair Fern Green
- My Mojito Green
- Shabby Turbine Teal
- Wild Honeysuckle Coral
- Vagabond die cut machine and dies:
- Stampin' Up top note die
- Sizzix Alternations vintage cabinet card die
- Sizzix Alternations framework trellis die
- Sizzix Alternations brackets on the edge die
- Sizzix Alternations Globe thinlits die
- Sizzix Alternations mixed media thinlits die
- Stampin' Up apothecary accents thinlits die
- Stampin' Up mosaic punch
- Stampin' Up decorative label punch
- Martha Stewart eyelet lace edge punch
- Creme lace and burgundy Twine from my stash
Thank you for reading and I appreciate getting comments. Your next stop is with the artistic Wendy at Life, Paper & Soul and the beginning of the hop is at the Club Scrap Blog here.